Wednesday, July 14, 2010

River Romance I 11x11 pastel


This is a sneak peek for a show at The Carnegie Art Center in Covington , Ky. opening September 10th 2010 with Paula Wiggins (mixed media) and Oliver Debikey (blown glass). I have chosen one of my passions as my theme - the river. There will be large to small works on canvas and paper.I've also included some miniature collages. These interpretations of the river are from many different perspectives...aerial to vistas from Cincinnati to Kentucky...sunrise to sunset.
I have been extremely interested in letting the process of painting in oil and pastel remain visible in this body of work.
The river is not the only passion that will be represented. Barns have been an obsession of mine for almost 50 years. Hope to see you there.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on having a blogspot....who'd have thunk? Very cool!

    ReplyDelete